22). Results are discussed in terms of emerging conceptualizations of HD as a distinct illness. (C) 2011 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.”
“Purpose: We determined the ability of bladder biopsy and transurethral resection of the bladder to accurately predict bladder cancer variants on radical cystectomy since certain variants may affect prognosis and treatment.
Materials and Methods: We retrospectively evaluated the records of 302 patients who underwent biopsy and/or transurethral resection of the bladder followed by radical cystectomy from 2008 to 2010. The frequency of variant morphology and the sensitivity of the precystectomy material was determined using pathological findings at radical cystectomy as the final
Results: Bladder cancer variants S3I-201 nmr were identified in 159 patients (53%) on initial biopsy/transurethral resection and/or final pathological evaluation at radical cystectomy. The most common variant was urothelial carcinoma with squamous differentiation in 72 of 159 patients (45%), followed by micropapillary
urothelial carcinoma in 41 (26%). In 9 patients (6%) variant morphology was identified only on biopsy/transurethral resection bladder and not on final radical cystectomy pathological assessment. The remaining 150 patients (94%) showed variant morphology on radical cystectomy with (79 or 53%) or without (71 or 47%) variant morphology on the preceding biopsy/transurethral resection. PD0332991 cost The sensitivity of variant detection showed a broad range by variant subtype. Overall, PF-6463922 manufacturer initial biopsy/transurethral resection sensitivity was 39% for predicting variant morphology on radical cystectomy.
Conclusions: Overall sensitivity for predicting bladder cancer variants from biopsy/transurethral resection of the bladder sampling is relatively low. This is likely due to sampling and tumor heterogeneity rather than to an inaccurate pathological diagnosis. Additional predictive markers of variant morphology may be useful to determine which tumors contain aggressive variants
that may alter outcomes or therapy.”
“Patients with borderline personality disorder (BPD) exhibit impairment in labeling of facial emotional expressions. However, it is not clear whether these deficits affect the whole domain of basic emotions, are valence-specific, or specific to individual emotions. Whether BPD patients’ errors in a facial emotion recognition task create a specific pattern also remains to be elucidated. Our study tested two hypotheses: first, we hypothesized, that the emotion perception impairment in borderline personality disorder is specific to the negative emotion domain. Second, we hypothesized, that BPD patients would show error patterns in a facial emotion recognition task more commonly and more systematically than healthy comparison subjects. Participants comprised 33 inpatients with BPD and 32 matched healthy control subjects who performed a computerized version of the Ekman 60 Faces test.